Click on the circle below for additional information
Make sure to click on the shop.monrovia.com banner below and order plants you are specifically looking for. They will be shipped to BLOOMS when they are at the proper size from Monrovia along with our other orders. You will receive email confirmations regarding your order from shop.monrovia.
- Annuals life cycle is one year. They are usually planted spring & summer months, bloom for the season, seed and then die
- Perennials life cycle grows and flowers year after year. They are often dormant in winter or evergreen.
- Biennial has a two-year growing life cycle. It produces is vegetation the first year and the second year they flower.
- Evergreens retain their foliage and stays green year-round.
- Conifers are cone-bearing plants. They are not necessarily an evergreen, nor even green. They are generally needled or scaled and hold their needles all year.
- Deciduous Trees & Shrubs drop their leaves seasonally, generally the fall.
- Shrub/Bush are a woody plant which usually grows low and has several stems. They come in a variety of heights.
- Trees are a woody plant that usually has a single elongated primary stem (trunk) with few or no branches on the lower part.
- Vines can be woody or herbaceous plants that trails or climbs and sends stems or runners. Vines need support to let them climb.
- Herbaceous plants stems and leaves die down at end of the growing season.