Click on the circle for additional information
• Annuals life cycle is one year. They are usually planted spring & summer months, bloom for the season, seed and then die
• Perennials life cycle grows and flowers year after year. They are often dormant in winter or evergreen.
• Biennial has a two-year growing life cycle. It produces is vegetation the first year and the second year they flower.
• Evergreens retain their foliage and stays green year-round.
• Conifers are cone-bearing plants. They are not necessarily an evergreen, nor even green. They are generally needled or scaled and hold their needles all year.
• Deciduous Trees & Shrubs drop their leaves seasonally, generally the fall.
• Shrub/Bush are a woody plant which usually grows low and has several stems. They come in a variety of heights.
• Trees are a woody plant that usually has a single elongated primary stem (trunk) with few or no branches on the lower part.
• Vines can be woody or herbaceous plants that trails or climbs and sends stems or runners. Vines need support to let them climb.
• Herbaceous plants stems and leaves die down at end of the growing season.