Join our Green Team!
We are currently looking for candidates to add to our Garden Center Green Team. This is a seasonal position with a flexible schedule. Weekend and evening hours required.
As part of our Green Team, you will work alongside our expert team in maintaining plant stock and assisting customers. Candidate will have opportunities to work in our tree nursery and/or with annuals, perennials and shrubs in our courtyard.
- Greet customers and assist in locating desired plant or product
- Unload, document and stock plant/product shipments
- Assist in plant maintenance including; watering, repotting, pruning, deadheading, fertilizing, winterizing and more
- Create eye-catching plant displays and maintain a clean and orderly sales floor.
- Discuss common plant/tree diseases and pests and help customers select the best solution
- May be required to answer customer phone calls and handle inquiries
- Friendly, outgoing personality and an interest in helping customers.
- Passion for plants and a basic understanding of their care
- Must be able to lift and move at least 40lbs.
- Must enjoy working outdoors and willing to get your hands dirty
- Ability to maintain a cheerful and positive attitude in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a self-starter and able to initiate tasks without constant supervision
- Horticulture experience/education a plus but not required
Pay determined based on qualifications and hours available.
Please submit application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1440 Blairs Ferry Rd Marion Ia 52302